DAC has a welcoming and inclusive environment. Everyone has a role to play in ensuring the lodge runs efficiently day-to-day. With a ‘many hands make light work’ approach, duties such as meal preparation and cleaning are rostered daily and shared by members and non-members alike.
Our modern lodge accommodates up to 32 people in 10 separate bunkrooms. Families normally enjoy their own room. It has a 4.5-kilowatt solar power system with diesel generator backups and uses rain water and melted snow for its water supply. It features:
- · Well equipped kitchen with two large commercial gas stoves
- · Comfortable dining and living areas, with downstairs kids play area.
- · Good showers
- · 10 Bunkrooms for accommodation, with 2-6 beds per room
- · Radiator heating throughout the lodge with a social fireplace in the lounge
- · Drying room
- · Friendly, smoke free environment
When you do come to stay at the lodge don’t forget to bring your own bedding. We’ll be able to ruck something up from the closet if you forget it but because we do not have laundry facilities up the hill we are unable to provide fresh bedding to our guests and members.